On December 17, 1909, the triangular parcel bounded by Convent Avenue, West 151st Street and St. Nicholas Avenue was designated a public park by the Board of Estimate. While researching the 1985 reconstruction of Convent Avenue, the consulting engineer discovered that the site was never formally acquired by Parks. On November 22, 1985, the lot was transferred to Parks for development as a landscaped sitting area. The garden is named for Convent Avenue, where the Convent of the Sacred Heart was located until a fire destroyed it on August 13, 1888.
Directions to Convent Garden
Convent Garden Weather