Colonial Rose Garden Tablet
Click image for larger view
- Location: Biddle house, Pittsville Ave. and Satterlee St.
- Description: Tablet on boulder
- Materials: Bronze, natural boulder
- Dimensions: H: 10" W: 1'4"
- Dedicated: 1932
- Inscription: THIS COLONIAL ROSE GARDEN / IS PRESENTED AND DEDICATED BY THE / RANDALL MANOR WOMAN'S CLUB / STATEN ISLAND. / IN COMMEMORATION OF THE TWO HUNDREDTH / ANNIVERSARY OF THE BIRTH OF /GEORGE WASHINGTON. / MRS. WILLIAM P. MC GOVERN, PRESIDENT / MRS. EDWARD DARRAGH WISELY, CHAIRMAN / MAY 28, 1932 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143