Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Flicks on the Beach: Gravity
Monday, August 25, 2014
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Flicks on the Beach, now in its fourth year, screens movies on the Coney Island Beach near West 10th St. This year’s movie line-up includes critically-acclaimed films—both classics and new-releases— for the whole family. All of the movies will screen on Monday evenings, with free entertainment starting at 7:30pm and the films starting at dusk. Area businesses will offer discounts to movie-goers and other patrons throughout the season.
See the rescheduled screening of Gravity, the Oscar-nominated film starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
Flicks on the Beach schedule:
- July 7th, Frozen
- July 14th, ET
- July 21st, Iron Man 3
- July 28th, The Lego Movie
- July 29th, When Harry Met Sally
- August 4th, American Hustle
- August 11th, Dirty Dancing
- August 18th, Audience Choice (either sandlot, grease or the goonies)
- August 25th, Gravity
Directions to Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Know Before You Go
Coney Island and Coney Island Boardwalk
Portions of the boardwalk are closed to reconstruct the street ends of Brighton 2nd Street and West 33rd Street in Coney Island, Brooklyn in order to provide new ADA compliant ramps to the boardwalk, sitting areas, new planted areas and lighting.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2014
Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk Weather
- Citywide Beach Attendance Grows By More Than 22%
- NYC Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season In New York City
- Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season in New York City