Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Flicks on the Beach: American Hustle
Monday, August 4, 2014
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Flicks on the Beach, now in its fourth year, screens movies on the Coney Island Beach near West 10th St. This year’s movie line-up includes critically-acclaimed films—both classics and new-releases— for the whole family. All of the movies will screen on Monday evenings, with free entertainment starting at 7:30pm and the films starting at dusk. Area businesses will offer discounts to movie-goers and other patrons throughout the season.
In American Hustle, a con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive partner Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso, who pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia.
Flicks on the Beach schedule:
- June 30th, Gravity
- July 7th, Frozen
- July 14th, ET
- July 21st, Iron Man 3
- July 28th, The Lego Movie
- August 4th, American Hustle
- August 11th, Dirty Dancing
- August 18th, Audience Choice (either sandlot, grease or the goonies)
Directions to Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Know Before You Go
Coney Island and Coney Island Boardwalk
Portions of the boardwalk are closed to reconstruct the street ends of Brighton 2nd Street and West 33rd Street in Coney Island, Brooklyn in order to provide new ADA compliant ramps to the boardwalk, sitting areas, new planted areas and lighting.
Anticipated Completion: Winter 2015
Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk Weather
- Citywide Beach Attendance Grows By More Than 22%
- NYC Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season In New York City
- Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season in New York City
- Historic New York: Coney Island
- Special Mother's Day Karaoke
- Karaoke on the Boardwalk
- 2015 Mermaid Parade
- Special Father's Day Karaoke