Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Mermaid Parade is the largest art parade in the nation. A celebration of ancient mythology and honky-tonk rituals of the seaside, it showcases over 1,500 creative individuals from all over the five boroughs and beyond, opening the summer with incredible art, entrepreneurial spirit and community pride. The parade highlights Coney Island Pageantry based on a century of many Coney parades, celebrates the artistic vision of the masses, and ensures that the summer season is a success by bringing hundreds of thousands of people to the amusement area in a single day.
- The Parade will start at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue
- The Parade will roll east to West 10th Street
- At West 10th Street the Parade will turn south towards the boardwalk
- Cars and Motorized Floats continue down Surf Ave. passing W. 10th Street and exit the parade.
- At the Boardwalk, the marchers and push-pull floats will turn west and head towards West 17th St.
- At Steeplechase Plaza, the Parade will disband.
Directions to Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Know Before You Go
Coney Island and Coney Island Boardwalk
Portions of the boardwalk are closed to reconstruct the street ends of Brighton 2nd Street and West 33rd Street in Coney Island, Brooklyn in order to provide new ADA compliant ramps to the boardwalk, sitting areas, new planted areas and lighting.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2014
Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk Weather
- Citywide Beach Attendance Grows By More Than 22%
- NYC Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season In New York City
- Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season in New York City