Back to Monuments List
Washington A. Roebling Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: In front of New York State Supreme Court bldg, at Montague and Court Sts
- Sculptor: S. Hemming (bas relief)
- Description: Bas relief plaque recessed in die
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: see memo
- Dedicated: May 31, 1973
- Foundry: Bronze Arts & Crafts Co, Bkln
- Fabricator: Brooklyn Monument Co., Inc.
- Donor: Society of Old Brooklynites
- Inscription: WASHINGTON A. ROEBLING / BUILDER OF THE / BROOKLYN BRIDGE / 1870-1883 / THE ENGINEERING / MIRACLE OF ITS DAY: / THE LONGEST SUSPENSION / BRIDGE IN THE WORLD / SOCIETY OF OLD BROOKLYNITES / 1973 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143