Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Location: Northeast corner of the park
- Sculptor: John Quincy Adams Ward
- Architect: Richard Morris Hunt
- Description: Seated figure (over life-size) on integral plinth, on pedestal
- Materials: Bronze, Quincy granite (polished)
- Dimensions: Figure H: 7'2'; Plinth H: 5" W: 5'8" D: 6'8"; Pedestal H: 5'7" W: 5'8" D: 6'8"
- Cast: 1890
- Dedicated: 1916
- Foundry: Henry Bonnard Bronze Co
- Donor: Tribune Association
- Inscription: HORACE GREELEY / FOUNDER OF / THE NEW YORK TRIBUNE /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143