The land now occupied by Cherry Clinton Playground was owned by the Board of Education through the first few decades of the 20th century, and was used as the Seventh Ward Athletic Field until jurisdiction was transferred to Parks on June 16, 1938. The park was opened to the public on April 3, 1940 and included four paddle tennis courts, four handball courts, and a basketball-volleyball court. For years, the small park situated at the intersection of Clinton, Cherry, and Water Streets was known simply as "Playground." Not until 1985 was the park named Cherry Clinton Playground after the streets which border it to the north and west.
Directions to Cherry Clinton Playground
Cherry Clinton Playground Weather