Arsenal Gallery Black History Month Exhibition: The March
Thursday, February 20, 2014
3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
**Gallery is temporarily closed from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on Februrary 20th**
In commemoration of Black History Month, the Arsenal Gallery is pleased to present The March, an exhibition that includes work from seventeen artists. Coordinated by NYC Parks’ Ebony Society, this exhibition reflects on the struggles and victories of the Civil Rights Movement past, present and future, as well as those individuals who have advanced the cause.
Artists include: Mitsuko Brooks, Gladys Carty, Tuwanda Harmon, Bill Howard, Nathaniel Ladson, Olga Matos-Castillo, Dionis Ortiz, Malcolm Pinckney, Ansel Pitcairn, Victor Polanco, Jake Seo, Christopher Spinelli, Dexter G. Stringfellow, Mario Tavarez, Alan J.P. Thompson, Quay Quinn Wolf, and Wayne Young.
Open Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Admission is free, closed on holidays.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Parks’ Summer Interns Tour Central Park
- Ninth Annual Adventures NYC Attracts Thousands Of New Yorkers To Kick Off The Summer By Celebrating All Things Outdoors
- Remembering Diane Wolkstein, Parks Storyteller Who Entertained Generations
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: STRATA
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: Mid-Park Welcome Tour
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in