Arsenal Gallery Black History Month Exhibition: The March
Thursday, February 20, 2014
3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
**Gallery is temporarily closed from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on Februrary 20th**
In commemoration of Black History Month, the Arsenal Gallery is pleased to present The March, an exhibition that includes work from seventeen artists. Coordinated by NYC Parks’ Ebony Society, this exhibition reflects on the struggles and victories of the Civil Rights Movement past, present and future, as well as those individuals who have advanced the cause.
Artists include: Mitsuko Brooks, Gladys Carty, Tuwanda Harmon, Bill Howard, Nathaniel Ladson, Olga Matos-Castillo, Dionis Ortiz, Malcolm Pinckney, Ansel Pitcairn, Victor Polanco, Jake Seo, Christopher Spinelli, Dexter G. Stringfellow, Mario Tavarez, Alan J.P. Thompson, Quay Quinn Wolf, and Wayne Young.
Open Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Admission is free, closed on holidays.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Spring Birdwatching In New York City
- SummerStage Presents: John Leguizamo's Ghetto Klown directed by Fisher Stevens in association with Westbeth Entertainment
- Exhibition: Tomorrow's World: The New York World’s Fairs and Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Central Park Tour: Mid-Park Welcome Tour
- Central Park Circuit
- SummerStage Presents Conor Oberst with special guest Dawes
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in