Holiday Lighting in Central Park
Thursday, December 5, 2013
5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Celebrate the season at our 17th annual Holiday Lighting in northern Central Park.
Watch the live carving of holiday ice sculptures by Okamoto Studio, sing carols on the Plaza, take your photo with Santa (bring your own camera), and warm up with hot cocoa and cookies!
Event culminates with the lighting of the Dana Discovery Center, and a flotilla of 17 trees on the Harlem Meer.
Families only; no groups, please. Strollers are not allowed on the Plaza. Stroller parking will be provided.
The event, organized by the Women’s Committee of the Central Park Conservancy, is made possible by our founding sponsor ConEdison.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Spring Birdwatching In New York City
- TCS New York City Marathon Long Training Run #1
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: West Side Stories
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- SummerStage Presents: Chronixx & The Zincfence Redemption / Junior Reid / The Rice and Peas Crew in association with LargeUp and Federation Sound - Celebrating 15 years of Okayplayer & Federation Sound
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in