Central Park Tour: The Art of the Park
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Walk from the Dairy to Belvedere Castle and see how the Park's interwoven landscapes began as a series of images envisioned by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux. The route involves many hills and stairs.
Please arrive at the meeting location 15 minutes before the start of the tour to allow time for check in and audio equipment set up. For the courtesy of other guests, those arriving after the start time cannot be accommodated.
Ticket sales are final. Tours take place rain or shine, except in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, sustained winds of 30mph or more, snowstorms, and a wind chill below 25 or heat index above 95 degrees).
Note: Groups of seven or more must schedule a custom tour three weeks in advance at email@example.com or (212) 360-2726.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Spring Birdwatching In New York City
- Exhibition: Tomorrow's World: The New York World’s Fairs and Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Central Park Tour: Mid-Park Welcome Tour
- Central Park Circuit
- SummerStage Presents Conor Oberst with special guest Dawes
- Shakespeare in the Park: King Lear
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in