History of Sports in Central Park
Saturday, August 3, 2013
12:30 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Learn how tastes in recreation have changed since the mid-19th century and how the Park has been changed to mirror those tastes. The route for this walk involves a few stairs.
NOTE: Groups of seven or more people must call (212) 360-2726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a custom tour.
Tours take place rain or shine, except in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, sustained winds of 30mph or more, snowstorms, and a wind chill below 25 or heat index above 95 degrees).
Tour dates and times are subject to change without notice. For the latest information, check our Events Calendar.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Spring Birdwatching In New York City
- TCS New York City Marathon Long Training Run #1
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: West Side Stories
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- SummerStage Presents: Chronixx & The Zincfence Redemption / Junior Reid / The Rice and Peas Crew in association with LargeUp and Federation Sound - Celebrating 15 years of Okayplayer & Federation Sound
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in