Boats, Balls, Bikes & Blades
Sunday, February 17, 2013
12:30 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Fondly recollect the early decades of baseball, recall ladies riding sidesaddle along the bridle paths, envision the thrill of ice skating and boating on the Lake, cross the finish line of the NYC Marathon, and more. Learn how tastes in recreation have changed since the mid-19th century and how the Park has been changed to mirror those tastes.
Groups of seven or more people should call (212) 360-2726 or email email@example.com to schedule a custom tour.
Accessibility level: Easy to negotiate; paths and few stairs - mostly accessible to people with disabilities.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Spring Birdwatching In New York City
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: West Side Stories
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- SummerStage Presents: Chronixx & The Zincfence Redemption / Junior Reid / The Rice and Peas Crew in association with LargeUp and Federation Sound - Celebrating 15 years of Okayplayer & Federation Sound
- Shakespeare in the Park: King Lear
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in