Ice Skating Rinks
The ice skating rinks listed below offer a safe way to celebrate the cold weather. Please call rinks before your visit to confirm hours, as outdoor skating rink schedules can change due to weather conditions.
Important Ice Safety Guidelines
- Never go on frozen waters.
- Parents and caregivers should make sure children are never unattended near ice.
- If you hear cracking, lie down immediately to try to distribute your weight.
- If you witness someone falling through ice, never attempt to make a rescue by yourself. Call 911 and notify the proper authorities. Be sure to give the exact location and an account of the incident.
|Lasker Rink||Entrance just south of park entrance at 110th Street & Lenox Avenue||(917) 492-3856||More Information|
This ice skating rink is closed for the season but will reopen in the fall.
|Wollman Rink||Central Park at 63rd Street||(212) 439-6900||More Information|
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- This Weekend In Parks
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- Art Exhibit: Conserving Our City of Nature: The Artwork of Alan Messer
- Central Park Tour: The Art of the Park
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- New York Road Runners 10K Spring Melt Down
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in