New York Philharmonic: Concerts in the Parks with Fireworks
Friday, July 11, 2014
8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Parks, Presented by Didi and Oscar Schafer, have become an iconic New York summer experience since they began in 1965, transforming parks throughout the city into a patchwork of picnickers and providing music lovers with an opportunity to hear the best classical music under the stars.
This summer, Music Director Alan Gilbert leads five free outdoor concerts, including a program featuring violinist Joshua Bell performing Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1.
Fireworks by Bay Fireworks will follow the performance.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Pope Francis Visits Central Park
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- Exhibition - Swampland: Photographs by Ruth Wetzel
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Seniors Fitness - Tennis - Central Park
- Central Park Tour: Mid-Park Welcome Tour
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in