New York Philharmonic: Concerts in the Parks with Fireworks
Friday, July 11, 2014
8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Parks, Presented by Didi and Oscar Schafer, have become an iconic New York summer experience since they began in 1965, transforming parks throughout the city into a patchwork of picnickers and providing music lovers with an opportunity to hear the best classical music under the stars.
This summer, Music Director Alan Gilbert leads five free outdoor concerts, including a program featuring violinist Joshua Bell performing Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1.
Fireworks by Bay Fireworks will follow the performance.
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
Starting June 29, 2015, Central Park Drives north of 72nd Street will be permanently car-free. For more information, please visit on.nyc.gov/1MOAh40.
Central Park Weather
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- This Weekend In Parks
- Central Park Tour: Northern Welcome Tour
- Stories at the Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: West Side Stories
- Central Park Tour: North Woods
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in