Exhibition: Tomorrow's World: The New York World’s Fairs and Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Friday, July 11, 2014
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every weekday between 6/26/2014 and 8/27/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In celebration of the 50th and 75th anniversaries of the World’s Fairs, Tomorrow’s World will include never before exhibited vintage images from the Parks Photo Archive and private collections that illustrate the dynamic evolution and conversion of a vast industrial wasteland into New York City's fourth largest park. The World’s Fairs propelled this transformation, while serving as defining social and cultural events for two generations. The show will also include memorabilia, as well as two zodiac animals from Paul Manship’s vandalized Armillary Sphere from the second fair.
This exhibition is free and open to the public. For more information, please call (212) 360-8163.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Pope Francis Visits Central Park
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Community Connections: 2015 Fellowship Graduation and Networking Event
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Exhibition Opening - Swampland: Photoraphs by Ruth Wetzel
- Exhibition - Swampland: Photographs by Ruth Wetzel
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in