Holiday Lighting in Central Park
Thursday, December 5, 2013
5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Celebrate the season at our 17th annual Holiday Lighting in northern Central Park.
Watch the live carving of holiday ice sculptures by Okamoto Studio, sing carols on the Plaza, take your photo with Santa (bring your own camera), and warm up with hot cocoa and cookies!
Event culminates with the lighting of the Dana Discovery Center, and a flotilla of 17 trees on the Harlem Meer.
Families only; no groups, please. Strollers are not allowed on the Plaza. Stroller parking will be provided.
The event, organized by the Women’s Committee of the Central Park Conservancy, is made possible by our founding sponsor ConEdison.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Pope Francis Visits Central Park
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- Birding Basics for Families
- Central Park Tour: North Woods
- Nocturnal Wildlife
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Community Connections: 2015 Fellowship Graduation and Networking Event
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in