Views From the Past
Saturday, August 31, 2013
10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Learn about the Park's history and how its designers, Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, struggled to make their vision our reality. The route involves a few stairs.
Space is limited; advance registration required. Includes use of tour audio equipment; arrive early for check-in.Note: Groups of seven or more people must call (212) 360-2726 or email to schedule a custom tour.
Tours take place rain or shine, except in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, sustained winds of 30mph or more, snowstorms, and a wind chill below 25 or heat index above 95 degrees).
Tour dates and times are subject to change without notice. For the latest information, check our Events Calendar.
Tickets: $15 per person. Central Park Conservancy members: $10 per person. Ticket sales are final.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Pope Francis Visits Central Park
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Community Connections: 2015 Fellowship Graduation and Networking Event
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Exhibition Opening - Swampland: Photoraphs by Ruth Wetzel
- Exhibition - Swampland: Photographs by Ruth Wetzel
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in