Tree Talks with Parkies and Friends: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the First 5 Years of a Tree's Life
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join us for a lecture series celebrating all the intricacies, challenges and decisions involved in urban forestry in New York City. NYC Parks Director of Street Tree Planting Matthew Stephens presents: "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the First 5 Years of a Tree's Life: A Journey Detailing Where Our Street Trees Come From and the Work that Goes Into Them" a lecture on the early life and develoment of street trees and their maintenance requirements.
The seminar will provide an overview of how street trees are propagated and where they are grown. Specifically information will be presented on the materials and methods used to grow NYC street trees and their development over the first five years of a trees life before they are planted along City streets.
Please register in advance for each lecture you plan to attend.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- This Weekend In Parks
- Tomorrow's World: The New York World's Fairs And Flushing Meadows Park On View At The Arsenal Gallery
- New York Road Runners 10K Spring Melt Down
- Central Park Tour: Seneca Village
- Central Park Tour: North Woods
- Art Exhibit: Conserving Our City of Nature: The Artwork of Alan Messer
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in