Tree Talks with Parkies and Friends: NYC Parks' Response to Hurricane Sandy
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join us for a lecture series celebrating all the intricacies, challenges, and decisions involved in urban forestry in New York City! All lectures take place in the Arsenal Building 3rd Floor Gallery, at 830 5th Ave. (at East 64th Street), Manhattan.
On July 16, NYC Parks Forester Danielle Gift will present "NYC Parks' Response to Hurricane Sandy," a lecture on how foresters have dealt with severe storms affecting our urban forest.
Please register in advance for each lecture you plan to attend.
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
Starting June 29, 2015, Central Park Drives north of 72nd Street will be permanently car-free. For more information, please visit on.nyc.gov/1MOAh40.
Central Park Weather
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- This Weekend In Parks
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Stories at the Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: Belvedere's Kingdom
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in