A Road Once Traveled
Saturday, March 2, 2013
2:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Holding the Park's northern highlands was key in the American Revolution and the War of 1812 because armies could see their enemies sail down the East River and approach. History buffs will love this tour of the Harlem Meer and its strategic environs.
Groups of seven or more people should call (212) 360-2726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a custom tour.
Accessibility level: Hilly, stairs, and a few Park-related obstacles to negotiate - not recommended for people with disabilities.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- Pope Francis Visits Central Park
- Nyc Parks Welcomes Le Pain Quotidien At Conservatory Water In Central Park
- NYC Parks Celebrates A Decade Since Unveiling The Gates In Central Park, Looks Forward To Art In Parks In 2015
- Community Connections: 2015 Fellowship Graduation and Networking Event
- Imagine Peace: Guinness World Records Attempt Largest Human Peace Sign
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Exhibition Opening - Swampland: Photoraphs by Ruth Wetzel
- Exhibition - Swampland: Photographs by Ruth Wetzel
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in