Back to Monuments List
Brooklyn Korean War Veterans Plaza
Click image for larger view
- Location: Fulton and Tillary Streets
- Architect: George P. Vellonakis
- Description: Plaza, gate with three steps and wheelchair ramp, flagstaff on base, benches
- Materials: Gate and flagstaff base--granite; Steps and wheelchair ramp--concrete
- Dimensions: Flagstaff H: 37'
- Cast: 1992
- Dedicated: November 11, 1992
- Fabricator: A. Ottavino Corp.
- Donor: Korean War Memorial Committee
- Inscription: West Pier:
KOREAN WAR / VETERANS / PLAZA / LEST / WE / FORGET /
KOREAN WAR / VETERANS / PLAZA / IN MEMORY OF THOSE / BROOKLYN HEROES WHO / MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / DURING THE KOREAN WAR / JUNE 26, 1950 TO JULY 27, 1953 / THEY WILL REMAIN IN OUR / HEARTS AND MINDS FOREVER / KOREAN WAR VETERAN CHAPTER #171 / BROOKLYN NY /
Front and rear of flagstaff base:
TO HONOR ALL / WHO SERVED / KOREAN WAR / 1950 - 1953
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143