- Sculptor: Herbert Adams
- Architect: Thomas Hastings, Carrere and Hastings
- Description: Seated figure (over life-size) with intrgral plinth on a pedestal under an archiform canopy, with a large urn and a balustrade at either side
- Materials: Bronze, marble
- Dimensions: Figure H: 6' W: 3'6"; Canopy H: 30'
- Cast: 1911
- Dedicated: October 24, 1911
- Foundry: Gorham Company
- Donor: Century Association
- Inscription: WILLIAM CULLEN BRYANT / 1794-1878 / YET LET NO EMPTY GUST / OF PASSION FIND AN UTTERANCE IN THY LAY / A BLAST THAT WHIRLS THE DUST / ALONG THE HOWLING STREET AND DIES AWAY / BUT FEELINGS OF CALM POWER AND MIGHTY SWEEP, / LIKE CURRENTS JOUNEYING THROUGH THE / WINDLESS DEEP.
Directions to Bryant Park
Bryant Park Weather
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in