Burke Ave., E. 180 St. bet. Dr. Kazamiroff Blvd., Southern Blvd. and Bronx Park E., Unionport Rd.
Directions via Google Maps
Bronx Park boasts some of the city’s most beautiful outdoor space and ecologically diverse wildlife. A myriad of plants and animals make their habitat along the Bronx River and in the park’s forests. The vastness of the park and the diversity of its flora and fauna make Bronx Park one of the true hidden gems of New York City. The Bronx River, which begins in North White Plains and flows into the East River at Soundview Park, offers numerous scenic and recreational opportunities. While walking along the river, visitors can observe a unique habitat which hosts a diverse array of invertebrates, fish, and birds. The two-mile stretch of river in Bronx Park runs through a deep gorge, where a combination of red maple hardwood swamp and floodplain forest grows on the riverbanks.
While the park is perhaps best known as the home of the Bronx Zoo and New York Botanical Garden, Bronx Park also has many recreation areas. Park visitors can take advantage of numerous playgrounds, bicycle paths, baseball diamonds, tennis and basketball courts and football and soccer fields. From zoos to playgrounds to historical landmarks, Bronx Park is an area for all to enjoy.
Discover the history of Bronx Park
Its name is deceptive. This official New York City landmark came to America after nearly three decades of controversy in its native Italy.
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Directions to Bronx Park
Enjoy a multimedia exploration of the Bronx River that includes 360-degree panoramic imagery and streaming video interviews.
- NYC Parks And The Bronx River Alliance Celebrate Opening Of New Fish Passage On The Bronx River
- NYC Parks And The Bronx River Alliance Join Borough President Diaz To Celebrate Opening Of New Fish Passage On The Bronx River
- Parks Opens $2.7 Million Extension Of The Bronx River Greenway
- Bronx General Site Work (XG-112M)
- Bronx Park Adult Fitness Equipment Installation
- Bronx Park Anadromous Fish Passage Reconstruction
- Bronx Park Channel Restoration at Bronx River Forest Island
- Bronx River Park Greenway Construction
- Allerton Ballfields
- Ben Abrams Playground
- Bronx Park
- Bronx Park - The Forests Of New York City
- Bronx Park: August 2005 Park Of The Month