Back to Monuments List
George T. Delacorte Memorial Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Location: North side of Bowling Green Fountain
- Description: Plaque
- Materials: Bronze; original plinth--granite
- Dimensions: 2'6" x 3'1"
- Cast: 1992
- Dedicated: May 4, 1992
- Foundry: International Bronze Tablet Company, Inc.
- Fabricator: International Bronze; Cayuga-Crimmins (original marker)
- Donor: Valerie Delacorte and City Parks Foundation
- Inscription: IN MEMORY OF / GEORGE T. DELACORTE / JUNE 20, 1893 - MAY 4, 1991 / PUBLISHER AND PHILANTHROPIST / WHOSE MANY GIFTS BEAUTIFY / NEW YORK CITY / ***** / THE RESTORATION OF THIS HISTORIC PARK AND FOUNTAIN / IS AN ILLUSTRATION OF HIS GENEROSITY / BOWLING GREEN WAS RESTORED BY THE CITY OF NEW YORK / IN 1977 WITH HIS ASSISTANCE UNDER THE ADMINISTRATION OF / ABRAHAM D. BEAME, MAYOR / JOSEPH P. DAVIDSON, COMMISSIONER /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143