Blue Heron Park
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
What would you do if you found yourself lost in the woods? Do you know how to build your own shelter, or start a fire without matches? What would you eat and where would you find water? Do you have what it takes to survive in the wild?
Whether you are preparing for an extended journey through the woods or just want to be more prepared for any situation, a wilderness survival program is perfect for you. Our Urban Park Rangers are skilled in the techniques of wilderness survival and emergency preparedness. On these fun, family friendly programs you will learn tips and tricks that will enhance your knowledge of the natural world, and might just save your life.
Wilderness survival programs feature hands-on activities in an outdoor setting.
Directions to Blue Heron Park
Blue Heron Park Weather
- Parks Cuts The Ribbon At New Blue Heron Tot Lot
- This Weekend In Parks
- This Weekend In Parks: Holiday Edition
- Butterfly Exploration
- Kids Week Staten Island: Nature Crafts
- Kids Week Staten Island: Rocks and Geology
- Kids Week Staten Island: Pond Exploration
- Kids Week Staten Island: Insect Exploration