This playground takes its name from the surrounding neighborhood of Bellerose. This name comes from the achievements of Helen Marsh, an entrepreneur from Massachusetts who built a model community and a railroad station in western Nassau, calling it Bellerose. The neighborhood adopted the same name as it expanded during the building boom of the 1920s, aided by Marsh’s construction of a railway station here on the Long Island Rail Road line in 1911.
Not to be confused with Bellerose Village or Bellerose Terrace in nearby Nassau County, this area is a related Queens community. It is bounded by Little Neck Parkway on the East, Grand Central Parkway on the West, the Creedmoor State Hospital on the North and Braddock and Jamaica Avenues to the South.
Directions to Bellerose Playground
Bellerose Playground Weather