Bayside Hills Memorial Flagstaff
Click image for larger view
- Description: 3 plaques on concrete flagstaff
- Materials: Wood pole, bronze & iron plaques
- Dimensions: Iron: 7"H 10"W 1/4"D; Bronze 12"H 20"W 1/2"D
- Dedicated: 1942 & 1949
- Donor: Bayside Hills Civic Association
- Inscription: Iron Plaque:
DEDICATED TO OUR BOYS / IN THE U.S. SERVICE/1942/BAYSIDE HILLS/CIVIC ASSOCIATION
IN MEMORY OF THE MEN OF/BAYSIDE HILLS/WHO MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE/1941-1945/ALFRED B. FISCHETTI GERALD MCCARTHY/LEO MANZI LAMBERT CHARLES SCHROEDER/ERECTED BY/BAYSIDE HILLS CIVIC ASSOCIATION INC. / MAY, 1949.
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143