Bell Blvd. bet. 48 Ave. and Horace Harding Exwy. Sr. Rd. N.
Directions via Google Maps
Bell Boulevard takes its name from a prominent family in Queens history. In 1824, Abraham Bell, an Irish immigrant member of the Society of Friends, or Quakers, who became a partner in the shipping firm Bell and Bowne, acquired a 246-acre farm located in the present-day neighborhood of Bayside. Bell Boulevard, which was known as Bell Avenue until a street organization system renamed it in the 1930s, was originally a country lane that divided the Bell farm.