Back to Monuments List
River That Flows Two Ways
Click image for larger view
- Location: Admiral Dewey Promenade, harborside perimeter railing
- Sculptor: Wopo Holup
- Description: Thirty-seven pierced panels, forming a railing for a seawall
- Materials: Panels--cast iron; two panels--glass; two running bands--bronze
- Dimensions: each panel 2' x 2'; fence l 1500'
- Cast: 2000
- Dedicated: June 5, 2000
- Donor: Conervancy for Historic Battery Park
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143