Annadale Rd., Jefferson Blvd., N. Railroad St.
Staten Island, 10312
Directions via Google Maps
This site and its environs were originally part of the Township of Westfield, which was established by the British in 1688 and covered about one-third of Staten Island. The name Annadale comes from Anna S. Seguine (b. 1828?) who was married to Stephen Seguine (b. 1823?), treasurer of the Staten Island Railroad.
A Staten Island Railroad station was built in the area and Erastus Wiman (1834-1904), the man who oversaw much of Staten Island’s transportation improvements during the 19th century, including the St. George Ferry Terminal and the Staten Island Rapid Transit Company, named the station and the vicinity for Mrs. Seguine in the 1860s. In 1898, when Staten Island became part of New York City, the Township of Westfield became the Fifth Ward while this specific section retained the name Annadale.