Alley Pond Park
Little Neck Bay, L.I.E., Union Tpk, bet. Springfield Blvd, Douglaston Pkwy, Hanford St
Directions via Google Maps
Alley Pond Park offers glimpses into New York’s geologic past, its colonial history, and its current conservation efforts. Because of its glacier-formed moraine, the park has numerous unique natural features, like its freshwater and saltwater wetlands, tidal flats, meadows, and forests, which create a diverse ecosystem and support abundant bird life.
The park is also home to New York City's first public high ropes adventure course (the largest in the Northeast), part of the Urban Park Rangers' larger Alley Pond Park Adventure program. A low–cost outdoor education and adventure program, Alley Pond Park Adventure teaches participants how to canoe, use a compass, fish, and enjoy a natural setting without leaving NYC.
To top it off, Alley Pond Park has all the amenities you'd expect from a neighborhood park--playgrounds, barbeque areas, and courts and fields galore!
Discover the history of Alley Pond Park
School is out! Get outside and get excited. Take the kids to the park to enjoy a variety of nature-related programs and...
Grab a rope and swing... grab a rock and climb... just get yourself to the course and start moving!
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Nature Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Alley Pond Park
Directions to Alley Pond Park
- Parks: A New Lens
- Alley Pond Park Adventure Course Opens For The 2013 Season
- Free Adventure Course Programs For Parks Groups
- Alley Pond Environmental Center Reconstruction
- Alley Pond Park Paths and Drainage Reconstruction
- QUEENS - P.E.,S.S., PAVEMENTS, ROLLER HOCKEY RINKS & SITE WORK
- Queens General Site Work (QG-713MA)
- Alley Pond Park
- Alley Pond Park - Invasive Phragmites
- Alley Pond Park - Osprey In New York City
- Freshwater Wetlands In New York City - Alley Pond Park
- Freshwater Wetlands In New York City - Oakland Lake
Alley Pond Park Weather