Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Location: LT. COL. Y. NETANYAHU LAND
- Description: Tablet set in pavement
- Materials: Gray granite (polished)
- Dimensions: H: 4" L: 30" D: 24"
- Dedicated: June 12, 1977
- Fabricator: Sprung Monuments, Forest Hills
- Donor: Bronx Reg. Zionist Org. of America
- Inscription: REMEMBER / [HEBREW LETTERS] / THIS MALL DEDICATED / IN MEMORY
OF / LT. COL. / YONATHAN NETANYAHU / WHO DIED SAVING JEWS / FROM
TERRORISM AT ENTEBBE / BORN - U.S.A. 1945 - DIED 1976 / BRONX
REGION / ZIONIST ORGANIZATION OF AMERICA / JUNE 1977 -SIVAN 5737/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365