SummerStage Kids Presents: B-Love's Hip Hop Jazzy Groove
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
As Founder and creative director of Starchild Enterprise, Oakland, California native Traci Bartlow is a woman of many talents. A phenomenal dancer, teacher, and choreographer Ms. Bartlow has worked with Jacobs Pillow Dance Festival, California Shakespeare Theater, Lorraine Hansberry Theater, Herrang Dance Camp in Sweden, as well as teaching a host of youth programs in the Bay Area. Ms. Bartlow has been a guest faculty lecturing in Hip Hop dance for UC Davis as well as UC Berkeley, and was the assistant director for the Sisyphus Syndrome; a Jazz Opera by the late Amiri Baraka.
In 2011 Ms. Bartlow was named a “Frankie Manning Ambassador of Lindy Hop”. In 2013 the Eastbay Community Foundation commissioned Ms. Bartlow in the development of a new work that celebrates the birth of urban dance. This piece explores the retention of authentic jazz dance styles from the Harlem Renaissance in today Hip Hop movement. “My mission as a choreographer is to document and preserve black dance and culture while forging new ground to create a unique expression”.
Directions to Bloomingdale Park
Bloomingdale Park Weather
- Parks & Recreation to Launch Imagination Playground Tour throughout NYC Boroughs this Summer
- Cutting the Ribbon on Two S.I. Gems
- State-of-the-Art Soccer Field Opens at Bloomingdale Park
- NYC Parks Summer Movie Series: Despicable Me 2
- SummerStage Kids Presents: Wildlife Theater from the Central Park Zoo
- SummerStage Kids Presents: Puppetmobile
- SummerStage Kids Presents: Chris Clark Bicycle Stunt Show
- SummerStage Kids Presents: Mr. Chris' Musical Experience