Mill Rd. to Weed Ave. bet.ween Tysens La. and Isernia Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Gerard P. Dugan (1905-1973) was born in Brooklyn, New York. He served in the Marine Corps from 1923 to 1927. Dugan moved to Staten Island in 1935, where he became a dedicated community activist. He worked as a foreman for the Bethlehem Steel Company at the former Mariner’s Harbor shipyard until he retired in 1967.
Dugan’s civic work included helping to organize the Oakwood Beach Resident Committee. He also served as President of the Oakwood Civic Association and as Chairman of the Hurricane Protection Committee. In 1973 Dugan received the Richmond County Borough President Award as well as the Achievement Award from the Civic Congress of Staten Island on which he served as a delegate.
See our city one movie at a time. Throughout July and August, NYC Parks is showing free movies in its parks and...