Cedar Grove Playground, located just east of Cedar Grove Cemetery, is sandwiched between the City University of New York School of Law and J.H.S. 218 in Flushing, Queens. The cemetery is named for a group of cedar trees that once marked the graves of several men and women who died around the time of the American Revolution (1775-1783). In colonial times, the land that is now Cedar Grove Cemetery was part of a farm known as Spring Hill, which was formerly a portion of the Francis Lewis (1713-1802) estate. In 1762 the farm was in the possession of Thomas Willet, who sold the 120 acre farm to the then Lieutenant Governor of the Province of New York, Cadwallader Colden (1688-1776).
Directions to Cedar Grove Playground
Cedar Grove Playground Weather