This park, located on Bell Boulevard between 75th Avenue and 217th Street, was named Bell Park, and later Telephone Playground, in honor of Alexander Graham Bell (1847–1922), inventor of the telephone. The adjacent P.S. 205 is also named for the inventor, although Bell Boulevard takes its name from a prominent family in Queens history. In 1824, Abraham Bell, an Irish immigrant Quaker who became a partner in the shipping firm Bell and Bowne, acquired a huge farm that included most of the present-day neighborhood of Bayside. Bell Boulevard, which was known as Bell Avenue until a street numbering system renamed it in the 1930s, was originally a country lane that divided the Bell farm.