65 Pl. bet. Shaler Ave. and the rail yards
Directions via Google Maps
For many years, this site has been called "Farmers Oval" in tribute to the Glendale Farmers Base Ball Club, a semi-professional team that was active from the early 1900's through the 1950's. The Glendale Farmers played ball on this site for almost half a century. In 1948 the City of New York acquired the site bounded by Lutheran Cemetery Branch of the Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit line, the Manhattan Beach Division of the Long Island Railroad, the New York Connecting Railroad, and 65th Place. The cul-de-sac extension of 68th Avenue was eliminated, and plans were made to transform the vacant lot into a new park.
Directions to Mafera Park
Mafera Park Weather