Morris Park World War Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: MORRIS PARK
- Architect: H. Adler
- Description: Stele, 2 tablets
- Materials: Bronze, Deer Island granite
- Dimensions: Plaque 1 H: 4'6" W: 2'6"; Plaque 2 H: 28 1/2" W: 12"; Plinth H: 10' W: 5'4" D: 2'
- Dedicated: 1923; 1973
- Donor: Lt. F. J. McConnell Post No.229, V.F.W. (new plaque)
- Inscription: Plaque 1: DEDICATED / TO THE SONS OF MORRIS PARK AND / VICINITY WHO SERVED IN THE / WORLD WAR -1917-18 AND IN LOVING / REMEMBRANCE OF THE FOLLOWING / MEN WHO MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / (NAMES OF 70 WAR DEAD)/
Plaque 2: (EAGLE) / V.F.W. SEAL / WITH UNDYING LOVE / AND GRATITUDE / TO GIVE HOMAGE / TO ALL VETERANS / OF / THE SPANISH AMERICAN WAR / WORLD WAR I / WORLD WAR II / KOREAN CAMPAIGN/ VIET-NAM CAMPAIGN / LT. F.J. MC CONNELL, POST 229/ VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS / OF THE UNITED STATES / DEDICATED, MAY
30, 1973 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143