Rennie Harris Collective Inc. / Master Class by: Rennie Harris Collective
Friday, July 19, 2013
7:00 p.m.–9:15 p.m.
7:00 PM – All Levels Open Dance Master Class by: Rennie Harris Collective Inc.
8:00 PM – Performances
In 2005 Dr. Rennie Harris conceived Rennie Harris Collective Inc. to foster collaboration with other dancers and choreographers outside of Rennie Harris' world renowned companies, Puremovement and RHAW. Versed in urban dance styles such as Popping, Locking, House, GQ, B-Boying and Hip-Hop, Rennie Harris is an internationally recognized dance teacher and master choreographer. After receiving an honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts from Bates College, Harris' company was chosen as one of four US dance companies to serve as cultural ambassadors for President Obama's “Dance Motion USA”, a program designed to share work by some of America's finest dance makers in the effort to promote cultural exchange. Through the use of Hip-Hop B-Boys and B-Girls, the Rennie Harris Collective Inc. is committed to providing audiences with a sincere view of the essence and spirit of Hip-Hop.
Join Rennie Harris Collective Inc. as they partner with some of New York’s best Hip-Hop choreographers and dancers to debut a series of three new works at SummerStage.
Master Class: Join members of the Rennie Harris Collective Inc. for a high-energy dance class showcasing Hip-Hop basics.
Directions to Queensbridge Park
Queensbridge Park Weather
- Parks Breaks Ground On Project To Repair The Queensbridge Seawall
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Project To Repair The Queensbridge Seawall
- Keyspan Bestows Parks with an Arbor Day Gift
- SummerStage Presents: Ismael Miranda / Rebel Tumbao / Joe Claussell (Sacred Rhythm Music)
- SummerStage Presents: J. Holiday in association with WBLS
- SummerStage Presents: Mobb Deep in assocation with Lyricist Lounge
- SummerStage Presents: Harambee Dance Company / Master Class: Harambee Dance Company
- SummerStage Presents: Queens Family Day: Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra / Rashida Bumbray / Michael Mossman & Copland Jazz in association with Kupferberg Center for the Arts at Queens College
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in