Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Location: 173rd Street and Hillside
- Sculptor: Roger Bolomey
- Description: Two upright, roughly L-shaped beams, joined head to foot;aperture at the center
- Materials: Cor-ten steel, painted red
- Dimensions: H: 4½' W: 4½' L: 12'
- Cast: 1971
- Dedicated: 1973
- Donor: Association for a Better New York
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143