FishBridge Park is located on the south side of Dover Street, from Pearl to Water Streets. It is between the Fulton Fish Market, to the south, and the Brooklyn Bridge, to the north. Of the two distinguished New York institutions, Fulton Fish Market is the older. In the 1820s several fish dealers set up shop in a few stalls in a corner of Fulton Market. In 1831 they moved across South Street to a shed along the river. Thirty-eight years later a building was erected as a permanent facility for the fish business.