Located on Second Avenue between 117th and 118th Streets, this playground shares its name with the adjacent school. The school is also known as the William Paca School, named for William Paca (1740-1799), the Italian-American colonial statesman from Maryland. Paca was born in Abingdon, Maryland, to a wealthy planter of Italian descent, John Paca (b. 1725). An intelligent young man, William graduated from Philadelphia College in 1759, at age nineteen. He returned to Maryland, reading law in an Annapolis law firm for two years, and then in 1761, he traveled to London to complete his studies. Upon his return to Annapolis in 1764, Paca was admitted to the Bar. That same year, he married Mary Chew (1727-1777), the daughter of the distinguished jurist Samuel Chew (1693-1744).
Directions to P.S. 155 Playground
P.S. 155 Playground Weather