Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Albert Stewart
- Architect: Ann Butter, Levine & Blumberg
- Description: Armillary sphere and sundial on circular pedestal
- Materials: Bronze, cast stone
- Dimensions: Sphere Diameter: 2'6"; Pedestal Diameter: 1'
- Cast: 1971
- Dedicated: ca. 1971
- Fabricator: Kenneth Lynch & Sons
- Donor: Hugh Trumbull Adams, through Salute to the Seasons Fund for a Better New York
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365