Kent Ave., Classon Ave., Wallabout St.
Directions via Google Maps
This triangle takes its name from the adjoining avenue. The property for this triangle, at the intersection of Kent and Classon Avenues and Wallabout Street, was acquired by condemnation in connection with the land purchased for the Brooklyn-Queens Connecting Highway (now the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway). It was assigned to Parks on May 14, 1946, the day of purchase. Intended as a sitting area, the triangle was planted with London plane trees (platanus x acerifolia), and ringed with benches.