Edward Robinson Squibb Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Joseph A. DiLorenzo
- Description: Plaque with relief bust
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 3'6" W: 2'1"
- Cast: ca. 1959
- Dedicated: September 23, 1959
- Donor: Squibb Company (E.R. Squibb and Sons)
- Inscription: EDWARD ROBINSON SQUIBB / 1819-1900 / SQUIBB PARK / THIS PARK IS NAMED IN HONOR OF / EDWARD ROBINSON SQUIBB, MD / ONE OF THE FOUNDERS OF MODERN / AMERICAN MEDICAL CHEMISTRY AND / PIONEER IN THE BUILDING OF A / PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY IN THE / UNITED STATES. HIS FIRST SMALL / LABORATORY, OPENED IN 1858, WAS / LOCATED JUST A SHORT DISTANCE / FROM THIS SITE. /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365