Middagh St. Between Columbia Heights & Furman St.
Directions via Google Maps
Edward Robinson Squibb Plaque
- Sculptor: Joseph A. DiLorenzo
- Description: Plaque with relief bust
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 3'6" W: 2'1"
- Cast: ca. 1959
- Dedicated: September 23, 1959
- Donor: Squibb Company (E.R. Squibb and Sons)
- Inscription: EDWARD ROBINSON SQUIBB / 1819-1900 / SQUIBB PARK / THIS PARK IS NAMED IN HONOR OF / EDWARD ROBINSON SQUIBB, MD / ONE OF THE FOUNDERS OF MODERN / AMERICAN MEDICAL CHEMISTRY AND / PIONEER IN THE BUILDING OF A / PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY IN THE / UNITED STATES. HIS FIRST SMALL / LABORATORY, OPENED IN 1858, WAS / LOCATED JUST A SHORT DISTANCE / FROM THIS SITE. /
Know Before You Go
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this park is closed until further notice.