Lithuanian Flyers Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Bruno Mankowski
- Description: Flagstaff base with relief plaque
- Materials: Sherwood pink, black granite (polished), aluminum
- Dimensions: H: 6' W: 7' D: 7'; Plaque H: 20" W: 20"
- Dedicated: 1957
- Foundry: Forman Co., Brooklyn, NY
- Donor: Gift of the Lithuanians of Greater New York
- Inscription: LEFT: SI SAVO SKRIDIMA / SKIRIAME IR AUKOJAME / TAU / JAUNOJI LIETUVA/
BACK: ERECTED BY THE LITUANIANS / OF GREATER NEW YORK / 1957/
RIGHT: TO THE LITHUANIAN FLYERS / DARIUS AND GIRENAS / WHO CONQUERED THE ATLANTIC / NEW YORK TO KAUNAS / JUNE 15, 1933/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365