J.J. Byrne Playground
You and your dog are welcome in New York City parks, and there are numerous opportunities to enjoy the outdoors together. For the safety of both humans and canines, please review our Dog Rules and Regulations before entering the park.
Please Note: There are four designations for areas within parkland.
No Dogs Allowed: Dogs are not permitted in these areas at any time. These areas include playgrounds, zoos, swimming pools/facilities, bathing areas/beaches*, fountains, ballfields, or on basketball/handball/tennis courts.
Dogs Must Be Leashed at All Times: Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when in these areas.
Dog Runs: Dog runs are large, fenced-in areas for dogs to exercise unleashed. Created with the expertise of a Parks Department landscape architect and volunteers, the runs encourage play while supplying good drainage, safe lighting, and healthy plantings.
Designated Off-Leash Areas: Certain park areas allow dogs to be off-leash from the time the park opens until 9 a.m. AND from 9 p.m. until the park closes. Dog owners/attendants with dogs off-leash in these designated areas must obey all general rules, including having their dog under control at all times, licensing the dog, and carrying proof of the dog's rabies vaccination.
|J.J. Byrne Memorial Park Dog Run||3rd to 4th streets, 4th to 5th avenues||Run|
Directions to J.J. Byrne Playground
- Colonial Themed Celebration Officially Opens J.J. Byrne Playground
- Parks Breaks Ground On Third Phase Of Renovations In Washington Park
- 2010 Best of Parks Awards: Tornado Response
- Spoke the Hub Presents: The Local Produce Festival at The Old Stone House
- The Good Coffeehouse at The Old Stone House Presents: Woody Mann
- Brooklyn Pride Festival
- The Old Stone House Presents: Assembling an Herbal Home Medicine Cabinet
- The Old Stone House Presents: Sweet Flute: Recorder through Time featuring Martin Bernstein