James J. Byrne was born April 8, 1863 on Water Street in Brooklyn to Irish immigrant parents. He was raised near the Brooklyn Navy Yard in an area known as Irishtown. He completed St. James parochial school with an eighth grade diploma, and worked in the machinist trade. He joined the Building Department as a clerk in 1898.
A varied program of pieces from early renaissance to late baroque, showcasing the versatility of the recorder with...
- Piper Theatre at The Old Stone House Presents Frankenstein
- Piper Theatre at The Old Stone House Presents: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
- Piper Theatre Workshops at the Old Stone House Presents: The Neverending Story
- Piper Theatre Workshops at the Old Stone House Presents: Scapino!
- Piper Theatre Workshops at the Old Stone House Presents: Haroun and the Sea of Stories
Directions to J.J. Byrne Playground
- Colonial Themed Celebration Officially Opens J.J. Byrne Playground
- Parks Breaks Ground On Third Phase Of Renovations In Washington Park
- 2010 Best of Parks Awards: Tornado Response
J.J. Byrne Playground Weather