Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Pietro Montana
- Architect: Giles Greene Pollard
- Description: Doughboy figure with integral plinth, on pedestal, tablet set in ground at proper right
- Materials: Figure--bronze; Pedestal--Westerly granite
- Dimensions: Figure H: 6'4½"; Pedestal H: 5' W: 2'8" D: 3'; Tablet L: 1'6" W: 1'6" (approximate)
- Cast: 1919
- Dedicated: November 20, 1921
- Donor: Bushwick-Ridgewood Citizens
- Inscription: 1) pedestal, front: "TO THE MEMORY / OF THE / BUSHWICK-RIDGEWOOD / BOYS WHO SERVED / IN THE WORLD WAR / 1917-1918"
2) tablet: "NOV. / 11 / 1920"
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365